On 03/18/2014 11:30 PM, Aditya Mahajan wrote:
> On Tue, 18 Mar 2014, Pablo Rodriguez wrote:
>
>> The next one (AFAIK) should work on every OS:
>>
>> \startluacode
>>     local user  = ""
>>     local users = {
>>         ["ousia"] = 1,
>>     }
>>     function document.CheckUser()
>>         user = os.resultof("echo ousia")
>>         context.verbatim(user)
>>     end
>>
>>     function document.UserNumber(name)
>>         context.verbatim(users[name or user] or 0)
>>     end
>> \stopluacode
>>
>> \def\CheckUser {\ctxlua{document.CheckUser ()}}
>> \def\UserNumber{\ctxlua{document.UserNumber()}}
>>
>> \starttext
>> This is user \CheckUser with number \UserNumber.
>> \stoptext
>
> (Untested)
>
> Change `local user` by
>
> ~~~
> userdata = userdata or {}
> userdata.user = ""
> ~~~
>
> and all other occurances of `user` by `userdata.user`.

Many thanks for your reply, Aditya.

I followed your instructions, but I’m afraid that it doesn’t work.

I cannot say whether it is my fault, since this is all Greek to me.

I tried a simpler approach (my guess, I discovered the existence of
\executesystemcommand yesterday), which doesn’t work either:

\def\Checkuser{\executesystemcommand{echo rightuser > tmp-yser.txt}}
\def\CheckUser{\Checkuser\input tmp-yser.txt}
\def\UserNumber{\processaction[\CheckUser][rightuser=>1, unknown=>user
unknown]}
\starttext
This is user \CheckUser\ with number \UserNumber.
\stoptext

I don’t know why the \UserNumber command cannot process action and why
the backslash after \CheckUser is required, since it seems to add an
extra space.

What am I doing wrong in the previous example?

Many thanks for your help,

Pablo
--
http://www.ousia.tk