Le Thu, 03 Apr 2014 16:19:18 +0200,
Hans Hagen <pra...@wxs.nl> a écrit :

> you probably didn't test with the beta because most looks ok

  Dammit, you are right. And yet I was using fairly recent versions
(25/03 and 27/03).

> with respect to text: you need to go narrower or set the distance to
> (e.g.) -1cm

  It seems I can indeed get nice results with

\setuplinenumbering[location=text]
\startnarrower[left]
\startlinenumbering

  Thanks !

> i've added support for notes (somewhat tricky)
>
> \starttext
> Here we have a footnote \footnote{%
>      \startlinenumbering
>          \input tufte
 A few numbers : 012345679.
>          \par % somehow needed
>      \stoplinenumbering
> }
> \stoptext

  Thank you again. To annoy you one more time, still one thing : the
font size of the line numbers is the one of the main text, no the
smaller one that numbers should have in the footnote part (just add a
few numbers in the footnote text to compare easily).

Faithfully yours,
  Stéphane.