On 04/09/2014 08:29 PM, Andreas Schneider wrote:
> On 08.04.2014 16:20, Pablo Rodriguez wrote:
>> I have a sample that shows an issue with PDF bookmarks:
>> [...]
>> Sorry, but I don’t know why the footnote is removed in the table of
>> contents and in the header, but it isn‘t in the bookmark.
>
> That probably has to do with expansion (a detailed explanation may be
> given by a (Con)TeX(t) Guru :-)).
>
> I think the best "fix" is to use the MkIV title mechanism (start... stop...)
> http://wiki.contextgarden.net/Titles#New_MkIV_Sectioning
>
> That way you can do:
> \startchapter[title={Footnote\footnote{Only where appropriate}},
> bookmark={No Footnote}]
> \stopchapter

Many thanks for your reply, Andreas.

This is a way to avoid the problem.
rom the user’s perspective, I cannot see the reason why \footnote isn’t
removed from the PDF bookmark automatically. It makes the same sense as
in headers and ToC.

Sorry, but I’m trying to explain ConTeXt to others. And I have a hard
time when I cannot see the reason for what can be seen as glitches.

Many thanks for your help,

Pablo
--
http://www.ousia.tk