Hi Joas,

I do not have that font to try (and sorry if I misunderstand the
question), but the following works to get Minion italic as
"lowercaseitalic" and so on instead of Pagella. Maybe using the names
instead of the glyph ranges work for you aswell?

\definefontfamily [mainface] [rm] [Minion Pro][opticalsize=yes]
\definefontfamily [mainface] [ss] [Myriad Pro][opticalsize=yes]

\definefallbackfamily [mainface] [math] [Minion Pro]
[math:uppercasenormal] [force=yes]
\definefallbackfamily [mainface] [math] [Minion Pro]
[math:uppercaseitalic] [force=yes]
\definefallbackfamily [mainface] [math] [Minion Pro]
[math:lowercasenormal] [force=yes]
\definefallbackfamily [mainface] [math] [Minion Pro]
[math:lowercaseitalic] [force=yes]
\definefallbackfamily [mainface] [math] [Minion Pro]
[math:digitsnormal]    [force=yes]
\definefontfamily [mainface] [math] [TeX Gyre Pagella Math]

Best regards, Mikael