Thanks for the answer,

I wanted to use to use the mechanism described in "about.pdf" for
extensible arrows with possibly text above, under...
I've had a look at the "xits-math.tma".
Though U+2194 and U+21FE are both arrows, U+2194 has an "horizontal
part" field in contrast to U+21FE how hasn't.
So I guess the "otf" font might be the culprit.
And meddle with fonts is impossible a task.

For the present I will content myself with something like
\math{\overset{f}{-\kern-1ex\rightarrowtriangle}}
There might be a better way to achieve that in Context, I don't know.

Chris