On 05/05/2014 12:20 AM, Rik Kabel wrote:
> [...]
> which shows a problem in row 2. When I add \\ to the first line of text
> in row 2 column 1, as shown here
> [...]
> which perhaps has some faults in the vertical spacing, but is much
> better than the original. The spacing can be improved by specifying
> [align=lohi] for that cell.

Many thanks for your reply, Rik.

Now I got what I was doing wrong.

> I get the same result with the other two methods I suggested. Is there a
> reason that you cannot use one of these methods in row 2 as you do in row 1?

Well, that was a minimal sample. I have a document that has many over 50
tables. If that means that I have to add lines in every row that suffers
from this feature, I think I might be doing something wrong.

There is a more basic problem not shown in the samples: cells can
contain paragraphs with multiple lines (such as "\input zapf"). Is the
user supposed to insert line breaks manually in paragraphs containing
multiple lines?

> Perhaps we would all benefit from an obeylines alignment option?

Sorry, but I cannot refrain from asking: isn’t this a bug?

Many thanks for your help,

Pablo
--
http://www.ousia.tk