On 5/5/2014 1:54 PM, ralf.waldvo...@pta.de wrote:
Dear all,

I would like to produce an svg file from a Metapost input file using
some of ConTeXt's typesetting features (esp. using System OTF Fonts)
using something like:

\startbuffer[buffer:dummy]
     \start
         \startcolor[white]
         \framed[align=middle,width=28mm,frame=off]
         {
         \SansBodyBold % Font definition done earlier
Test to \par
rendered \par
         }
         \stopcolor
     \stop
\stopbuffer

% ....

\startuniqueMPgraphic{mp:margin}
     picture text;
     text := btex \getbuffer[buffer:dummy] etex;
     draw text shifted(-11.8mm,-4.8mm );

    % Some more fancy drawing her
\stopuniqueMPgraphic

Can I render that with MetaPost to SVG?

no

Is it possible to render text as paths not as referenced glyphs in
MetaPost/ConTexT?

no, unless you use the graphic text features

Unfortunately I have to stick to SVG as the resulting output format.
Converting from PDF to SVG is not an option at the moment due a)
performance considerations and b) trouble with generated font names in
the resulting ConTeXt PDF file (inkscape as well as pdf2svg produce real
strange results).

performance should not really be an issue as one can cache

what strange results?