On Jun 11, 2014, at 1:51 AM, Henning Hraban Ramm <te...@fiee.net> wrote:

> Am 2014-06-11 um 00:26 schrieb David Wooten <d...@trichotomic.net>:
>
>> Hi Hraban, thanks very much — yes I am able to get the first examples to
>> work. Is there still a way to insert snippets/single lines of music between
>> paragraphs?
>
> Between paragraphs should just work like that.

Both examples (1st page & multipage insertion) place the snippet on its own
page, e.g. this gives me a 3 page document w/ snippet on page 2:

\def\readPDFfile#1{\externalfigure[#1]}

\usemodule[filter]
\defineexternalfilter[lilypond]
    [continue=yes,
    readcommand=\readPDFfile,
    directory=lilytemp/, % directory for LilyPond's files
    output={\externalfilterbasefile.pdf},
    filtercommand={lilypond -dbackend=eps -dno-gs-load-fonts
-dinclude-eps-fonts -ddelete-intermediate-files
-o"lilytemp/\externalfilterbasefile" "\externalfilterinputfile"}]

\starttext
\input zapf
\inlinelilypond{c d e f g a b c}
\input zapf
\stoptext

(same result for \startlilypond … \stoplilypond)

OS X Mavericks

> If you’d like to avoid \startlilypond … \stoplilypond, try \inlinelilypond{…}
>
> If the one \include line is too much for your use case, you should look into
> how you can inject that automatically in the buffer file.
>
> If you don’t want to include your lilypond settings file every time, follow
> the advise in filter’s docs regarding LaTeX package „skak“ („Prepend and
> append text“):
> http://modules.contextgarden.net/dl/t-filter/doc/context/third/filter/filter.txt
>
> Please add your solution to the wiki!

I certainly will,