On 6/25/2014 12:29 AM, Wolfgang Schuster wrote:

Am 24.06.2014 um 21:46 schrieb Maggyero <maggy...@gmail.com>:

why  use math here?

It was to avoid oldstyle figures that I use by default. But finally it's better
to use oldstyle figures even in tables.

You can enable lining (and tabular) figures in the table when you don’t want
oldstyle figures.

Another question about fonts. Is there a way to define a conditional
mathcommand based on the current alternative style? For instance, in the
following example I would like to keep the bold effect but with adaptation to
the local alternative style (in text mode, when the local alternative style is
\tf I would like the mathcommand to be \bf, when it is \it I would like \bi,
when it is \bf I would like \bf and when it is \bi I would like still \bi):

You can access the current font alternative with the \fontalternative command
(below is a old example I wrote a few months ago).

\def\Test
   {\processaction
      [\fontalternative]
         [     tf=>Upright,
            it=>Italic,
            sl=>Slanted,
            bf=>Bold,
            bi=>Bolditalic,
            bs=>Boldslanted,
       unknown=>Unknown fontalternative]}

\starttext
“\Test” {\it “\Test”} {\bs “\Test”} {\sc “\Test”}
\stoptext

\let\Test\fontstylesuffix

a bit different output