On 6/25/2014 10:03 PM, Rik Kabel wrote:
On 2014-06-25 15:51, Rik Kabel wrote:
Recently there have been reports of the first letter of a line of text
being lost in the database and letter modules.

I tracked down what appears to be the same problem and developed a
work-around.

The problem appears to be with the \grabbufferdata command. Something
has changed in the way it works, and it now swallows the first token
of the buffer that it grabs. It may also show up with other commands,
but this is the only one I have found in my projects.

And as soon as I post, I see that Hans has found the problem in the
buffering  code.

but you're going to test it -)