On 30 jun. 2014, at 17:33,  Joshua Kr?mer <joshua.krae...@gmail.com> wrote

> I would like to have in a bibliography only surnames in small
> capitals, like this:
>
> M?LLER, B. and SCHNEIDER A.
>
> (M?ller and Schneider appear in small caps, but everything else
> like "and" is still in the default typeface.)
>
> At the moment, I'm using the old bibliography system.  …

> Is it possible to achieve what I want (SC surnames) with the old and the
> new system?

Hi Joshua,
I suspect it can be done in the old system, albeit by some tricks that are
maybe unworthy of ConTeXt.
I have not tried using small caps because I use a font that does't have them
but I think it would be doable.

There a in fact two tricks. The first is to put everything in the "booklet"
category and enter everything except author names, year of publication and city
(or publisher) in the title.
The second is to make a .bbl file and edit that, including ordering small caps
where you want them, just as in a normal .tex-file. In your project you input
the edited .bbl-file, not the .bib-file.

This way you can use all the nice  mechanisms of ConTeXt for citing, footnotes
and bibliography without having to bother with the tweaking of codes.

I have done it this way for my wife's PhD thesis and it works perfectly.

Best regards,
Robert Blackstone