On 7/3/2014 5:55 PM, Chris Chapman wrote:
I am new to ConTeXt (coming from LaTeX), and am really impressed. Great work!

I am working on a document that has layers that I want to be screen-only,
similar in approach to this:
http://tex.stackexchange.com/questions/167846/implementing-full-page-screen-only-print-only-in-pdf

I am assuming that Optional Content Groups would be the best way to do this.
How would I set something up like this in ConTeXt/LuaTeX? I know I could make a
screen-only version and a print version of the output pdf, but I want to have
my cake and eat it too ;)

(also see wolfgangs mail)

I tried this in acrobat:

\defineviewerlayer[visibleandprint]      [printable=yes,state=start]
\defineviewerlayer[visibleandnotprint]   [printable=no, state=start]
\defineviewerlayer[notvisibleandprint]   [printable=yes,state=stop]
\defineviewerlayer[notvisibleandnotprint][printable=no, state=stop]

\setupinteraction[state=start]

\starttext

\startviewerlayer[visibleandprint] visible and print \stopviewerlayer \blank \startviewerlayer[visibleandnotprint] visible and not print \stopviewerlayer \blank \startviewerlayer[notvisibleandprint] not visible and print \stopviewerlayer \blank \startviewerlayer[notvisibleandnotprint] not visible and not print \stopviewerlayer \blank

\stoptext

and found out that we need an extra piece of info for acrobat to be happy. I'll upload a beta with that addition.

I wonder if other viewers handle layers well.