Am 2014-07-12 um 18:58 schrieb Pol Stra <r...@hotmail.fr>:

> I wonder, what can I do to reduce the size of
> those files while keeping a printable quality document?

For color or greyscale pictures that are (like) photos, 150 dpi in final size
is mostly enough, even for quality offset printing.

„In final size“ = not scaled up

If you have fine lines, like diagrams or scanned text, you might need 300 dpi.
For black & white lineart, you should use the resolution of your printer, but
even for offset printing 800 dpi is enough (more than 1200 dpi are always
nonsense).

Greetlings, Hraban
---
http://www.fiee.net/texnique/