On 2014-07-25, 16:18, Hans Hagen wrote:

> \showframe
>
> \starttext
>
> \startplacefigure
>      \framed[width=.8\textwidth,framecolor=red]{one}
> \stopplacefigure
>
> \definefloat[widefigure][figure][figure]
> \setupfloat   [widefigure][location=flushleft]
> \setupcaptions[widefigure][width=\textwidth,align=middle]
>
> \startplacewidefigure
>      \framed[width=1.2\textwidth,framecolor=blue]{two}
> \stopplacewidefigure
>
> \stoptext

Thanks, but this doesn't seem to be a solution to my problem, because
the figures extend into the right margin always, and I want them to
extend into the outer margin (i. e. left margin on left pages, right
margin on right pages).

I'm now using the following semi-automatic solution, but there is one
problem left:  The alignment is not applied to tikz pictures.  Does
somebody have an idea how to resolve this?

Thank you and kind regards,
Joshua

\setuplayout[backspace=4cm,width=12cm]

\definemeasure[Widetext][\textwidth+\rightmargindistance+\rightmarginwidth]

\define\WideFloatCommand
  {\dowithnextbox
     {\signalrightpage
      \ifdim\nextboxwd>\textwidth

\doifrightpageelse{\leftaligned{\flushnextbox}}{\rightaligned{\flushnextbox}}%
      \else
        \midaligned{\flushnextbox}%
      \fi}
     \hbox}

\definefloat [widefigure] [figure] [figure]
\setupfloat [widefigure] [command=\WideFloatCommand]

\usemodule[tikz]

\showframe

\page

\startplacewidefigure
\framed[width=\measure{Widetext}]{One}
\stopplacewidefigure

\startplacewidefigure
\framed[width=3cm]{Two}
\stopplacewidefigure

\startplacewidefigure
\starttikzpicture
\node [draw, minimum width=\measure{Widetext}] {Three};
\stoptikzpicture
\stopplacewidefigure

\startplacewidefigure
\starttikzpicture
\node [draw, minimum width=3cm] {Four};
\stoptikzpicture
\stopplacewidefigure

\startplacewidefigure
\rightaligned{%
\starttikzpicture
\node [draw, minimum width=\measure{Widetext}] {Five};
\stoptikzpicture}
\stopplacewidefigure

\startplacewidefigure
\midaligned{%