On Mon, 11 Aug 2014, Günter Kolousek wrote:

I think there is a bug in the (latest) beta that was not there earlier
this year. In particular, it worked (and still works) in the version

 current version: 2014.03.19 23:11

but it show *no* line numbers at all in the (latest) beta:

 current version: 2014.07.30 10:31

A minimal example follows:

\usemodule[vim]

\setupvimtyping[%
   numbering=yes,%
   numberdistance=2em]
\definevimtyping[cpp][syntax=cpp]

\starttext
\startcpp
#include <iostream>

int main() {
   std::cout << "Hello, world!" << std::endl;
}
\stopcpp
\stoptext

Sadly, I'm not a ConTeXt nor a lua expert so maybe anybody can help?

A quick work around is to add

  numberlocation=left

in your setup. For example:

\usemodule[vim]

\setupvimtyping
  [
    numbering=yes,
    numberdistance=1em,
    numberlocation=left,
  ]

\definevimtyping[cpp][syntax=cpp]

\starttext
\startcpp
#include <iostream>

int main() {
    std::cout << "Hello, world!" << std::endl;
}
\stopcpp
\stoptext

numberlocation=left is the default anyways, so I don't know why the bug occurs.

Aditya