On 2014-08-14 14:35, Wolfgang Schuster wrote:
Am 14.08.2014 um 20:23 schrieb Rik Kabel <cont...@rik.users.panix.com>:

I notice that, while the _contents_ of the setup are removed, and using the
reset setup introduces nothing into the text, there is no error or warning
generated. (This is also the case, I learned, with an undefined buffer.) I can
see that this can be very useful in a number of situations.

Can \resetsetups reset more than one setup in a single execution? When I try
\resetsetups[setupA,setupB] it appears to reset neither. I only ask because of
the plural name. It does not appear to be a burden to use multiple \resetsetups
commands.
No, you can only reset a single environment with the command.

Are there equivalent commands to \resetsetups and \doifsetupelse for buffers? I
could find nothing obvious.
\resetbuffer[<name>] and \doifelsebuffer{<name>}{…}{…}

Wolfgang
Thank you again.

I was looking for \doifbufferelse and \resetbuffers as analogous to the setups commands. While such consistency is nice, it is rare to find.

While I appreciate learning about these from the list, I must echo recent comments about the state of documentation. If these are user commands, as these appear to be, one should be able to find them in at least the advanced documents.

--
Rik