On 23 Sep 2014, at  11:34:45 +0600, Henning Hraban Ramm <te...@fiee.net> wrote

> Am 2014-09-18 um 01:37 schrieb Robert Blackstone
> <blackstone.rob...@gmail.com>:
>
>> I would not know how to make a minimal example that will consistently give
>> the error.
>> I had hoped that this text in the error message: ?Attempt to double-free dir
>> node 54467, ignored? would contain some information as to what might be
>> wrong, but apparently it does not.
>
> Might that mean something like ?too many open files??
> Did you try to change you OS?s settings? See
> http://wiki.contextgarden.net/LilyPond#Too_many_open_files
>
> Or maybe too many files in a working directory (that containing your files or
> a temp dir of ConTeXt)?

Thanks, Hraban, for your advice.
I’ve no idea whether or not the error is connected with “too many open files”.
The Project needs some 40 files but its working directory contains some 120
files  (most of them only for testing purposes). Moreover, I usually only have
the “project-file" open during processing (but I don’t know if that is
important here).
Surprisingly, as I wrote in my first post on this subject, the error up till
now only occurs when I use interaction, and it usually does not occur anymore,
at least on the same day, after I processed it once without interaction. But
the next day, after sleep (of the Mac), the error may occur again.

I did not change the settings but I will in case the problem gets worse.

Best regards,
Robert