Hi again,

I tried my example from yesterday in context with metapost format, but
the output still differs from what mptopdf produces.

While doing that, I noticed that the mpost format is currently not usable out of
the box:

\startMPcode{metapost}
  draw (0,0) -- (1cm,0) ;
\stopMPcode

produces the error message

>> mfun_first_run
>> true
! Equation cannot be performed (numeric=boolean).

and the same for 'mfun_trial_run'. Simply adding

boolean mfun_trial_run, mfun_first_run ;

to texmf/metapost/base/mpost.mp resolved the issue for me. However, that may
introduce other complications that I have no idea of.

Tobias