On 11/14/2014 10:24 AM, Rudolf Bahr wrote:
Hi,

LaTeX "index" command doesn't need an anchor in order to print the page number.

Sometimes you can't give the ConTeXt-Command "index" any anchor. Think of an
external figure on a page and nothing else, without any text. When I say, for
instance:

\index{Brigitte Bardot}\strut

I get a correct index, but an unsolicited extra empty page, too. What could be
a solution?
My ConTeXt version is: "ConTeXt  ver: 2014.11.12 21:46 MKIV beta  fmt:
2014.11.14"

i'm pretty sure that any index mechanism that is supposed to provide the right page does a delayed write, so some kind of anchoring is there

(you could try \index{...}\null or maybe \setregisterentry)