On Sun, 16 Nov 2014 00:24:57 -0700, Pablo Rodriguez <oi...@gmx.es> wrote:

On 11/16/2014 05:50 AM, Idris Samawi Hamid ادريس سماوي حامد wrote:
Dear gang,

In the following, the first table works and the second one does not:
[...]
What do I need to do to get this macro right here?

Hi Idris,

I don’t know how you could make it work with TABLE, but your macro seems
to work with xtables:

    \setupbodyfont[tt]
    \definefont[ALM][file:almfixed.otf*arabic at 12pt]
    \setupdirections[bidi=global]

    \define\NCD{\stopxcell\startxcell\righttoleft}

    \setupxtable[width=1in]

    \starttext
    \ALM
    \placetable[right,none]{}
    {\startxtable
        \startxrow
            \startxcell Text 2 \NCD النص 2 \stopxcell
         \stopxrow
    \stopxtable}
    \stoptext

Just in case it helps,

Very helpful, I'm switching to xtables. I hope we can get bidi-paragraph options for the cell commands built into the core so we needn't write out \righttoleft etc.... e.g.

\start-stopxcellR, \start-stopxcellL

Thanks a lot and

Best wishes
Idris