On 12/11/2014 7:04 PM, Pablo Rodriguez wrote:
Dear list,

I have the following sample:

     \showframe\showgrid
     \setuppapersize[A6]
     \setupitemize[inbetween={\blank[preference,big]}]
     \starttext
     \dorecurse{3}{\dorecurse{3}{Sometimes is really hard
     to place list items. Am I missing something? }\par}

     \startitemize
     \item \dorecurse{5}{First item that I try. }
     \item \dorecurse{15}{Second item that I write. }
     \item \dorecurse{5}{Third item that I forgot. }
     \stopitemize
     \stoptext

Although I ask ConTeXt to try to insert a page break between list items
(which for some strange reason is avoided), the whole first list item is
moved to the next page, leaving a huge blank space in the previous page
(where the first list item would completely).

I have found this before and this is causing me problems when using lists.

Isn’t this a bug? (If not moving a whole first item to the next page
when it fits in the previous one, not obeying
inbetween={\blank[preference,big]} should be a bug.)

Or am I missing something?

maybe

\startitemize[loose]