On Jan 1, 2015, at 6:00 AM, Kumar Appaiah wrote:

> I am trying to use the simplefonts approach to get Euler for math,
> along with TeX Gyre fonts for text.

Here is setup magic from Hans and Aditya from August 2013:

\usetypescriptfile[euler]
\starttypescript[myfamily]
\definetypeface[myfamily][rm][serif][pagella][default]
\definetypeface[myfamily][ss][sans] [dejavu][default]
\definetypeface[myfamily][tt][mono] [inconsolata][default]
\definetypeface[myfamily][mm][math] [pagellaovereuler][default]
\stoptypescript

\usetypescript[myfamily]
\setupbodyfont[myfamily]
\appendtoks \rm \to \everymathematics
\setupmathematics
 [lcgreek=normal, ucgreek=normal]

One can change the families, e.g. schola for pagella, etc., but I think the
last [pagellaovereuler] and the rest has to stay.