I looked in the wiki for “descriptions” and found this:

http://wiki.contextgarden.net/Command/setupdescriptions

I played around a lot with the parameters from there in \setupbtxlist, but the problem remains. The only way to get hanging indentation is \setupbtxlist[alternative=hanging] and no matter what else I change the respectively first lines of every publications list entry are not aligned to the very left of the full text width :(

Maybe it has something to do with the numbering?

If I use \setupbtxrendering[numbering=yes] the numbers are aligned properly to the very left while the following beginnings of the entries are not. Maybe the problem is that the numbers are only “hidden”, but not really “deleted”? (Excuse my probably incorrect use of terminology.)

For comparison I tried the old mechanism again:

\setupbibtex[database={<BibTeX_file>},sort=author]

\setuppublications[alternative=apa]

\starttext

\title{Literaturverzeichnis}

\placepublications[criterium=all]

\stoptext

Here the hanging first lines of each entry align with the title at the very left.

I can live with the actual state of the new mkiv mechanism for now as my lecturers’ eyes will be blinded by the remaining perfect ConTeXt layout :)

But in future it would be great to have a real hanging indentation in the publications list according to the definition that in hanging indentation in contrary to normal indentation all but the very first line (which starts as a normal line at the very left) are indented.

Greetings Jörg

PS: By the way, Did I thank you for making this great software freely available and for the great quick support on the mailing list?

On 28.01.2015 14:39, Jörg Weger wrote:
But with

 > \setupbtxlist[alternative=left,margin=0cm,align={hanging,hz}]

there is no hanging indentation.

Isn’t it possible for the first “hanging” line of an hanging indentation
layout to start exactly on the very left, while the next lines are
exactly indented?

 > just the settings of descriptions

To be honest, i don’t know exactly what you mean by „descriptions“.

Greetings Jörg