On Sun, 01 Feb 2015 08:16:27 -0700, Idris Samawi Hamid ادريس سماوي حامد <isha...@colostate.edu> wrote:

Dear Knights,

Comments used to work in bbl files but no longer:

==========
\starttext
\setuppublications[alternative=apa]

\startpublication[k=corbin81,
                   t=book,
                   a=Corbin,
                   y=1981,
                   s=Corbin81]
\author[]{Henry}[H.]{}{Corbin}
% \author[]{Henry}[H.]{von }{Corbin}
\title{The Concept of Comparative Philosophy}
\pubname{Golgonooza Press}
\city{Ipswich, United Kingdom}
\pubyear{1981}
\stoppublication

\placepublications [criterium=all] % inherits from \setuppublications
% \completepublications[criterium=cite] % only works with criterium=all
\stoptext
==========

See the attached pdf; we get in the pdf output:

%Corbin, H. and von Corbin, H. (1981).

with an explicit '%'.

Can this be fixed?

From bibl-tra.mkiv:

======
%D \item Attempt to fix percent signs in bbl files. As a side-effect,
%D this prohibits comments in \tex{startpublication} blocks! (17/4/2008)
=====

But we can do, e.g.,

====
\startpublication[k=corbin81,
                  t=book,
                  a=Corbin,
                  y=1981,
                  s=Corbin81]
\author[]{Henry}[H.]{}{Corbin}
\title{The Concept of Comparative Philosophy}
\pubname{Golgonooza Press}
\city{Ipswich, United Kingdom}
\comment{This is a comment}
\pubyear{1981}
\stoppublication
====

or \unexpanded\def\MyComment#1{}

Not as convenient as toggling % in an editor, but will do in a pinch. Again, from discussion with Hans.

Strange I did not encounter this earlier. But I've been using a large pre-2008 bbl database for the current project...

Best wishes
Idris
--
Idris Samawi Hamid