On Thu, Feb 5, 2015 at 12:42 PM, Wolfgang Schuster wrote:
>> Am 04.02.2015 um 22:06 schrieb Mojca Miklavec:
>>
>> Hello,
>>
>> I need a tiny bit of help with properly setting up the appendices.
>>
>> 1.) I would like to include both chapters and titles. Is this the
>> proper way to go? (It took me a while to figure out how to include the
>> titles at all.)
>>
>>    \setuphead
>>        [title]
>>        [incrementnumber=list]
>>    \placelist
>>        [title,chapter,section]
>>        [criterium=all,alternative=c]
>>
>> But why is there less space in front of a \title{...} in TOC than in
>> front of a \chapter{…}?
>
> You can use the “margin” key to indent the title entries but unnumbered
> chapter are still wrong aligned.

I'm sorry, that was a misunderstanding. I was referring to the
vertical alignment, not to the horizontal one. It's perfectly OK if
the title is aligned "flushleft", but there's less vertical space in
front of it.

>> 2.) How can I define a different width for appendices in TOC (to
>> reserve enough space for the word "Appendix")?
>>
>> I use
>>
>> \setuplist
>>    [section]
>>    [width=10mm,numberstyle=\os\bf,pagestyle=\os,label=yes]
>>
>> but I would like to use "width=27mm" for sections inside
>> \startappendices ... \stopappendices than for regular sections. Is
>> there any workaround?
>
> Use the “numbercommand” key to measure the width of the number
> and apply different widths for narrow and wide entries.

Perfect, thank you.

(Well, my computer hoplessly crashed when I first tried it, but I hope
it's not your code to be blamed ;)

>> 3.) For appendices I want to set
>>
>> \setuphead
>>    [chapter]
>>    [number=no]
>> \setuphead
>>    [section]
>>    [page=yes,sectionsegments=section,conversion=Character,sectionstopper=:]
>>
>> without affecting regular sections and chapters.
>>
>> Is it possible to do this on top of the document (or in the layout) as
>> opposed to changing the settings just before appendices start? I would
>> like to avoid messing up with such settings in the middle of the
>> document.
>
> Use \startsectionblockenvironment to set the setups at the begin of the
> document.

Thank you.

>> I tried to play with
>>    \defineconversionset
>> and
>>    \setupsectionblock
>>        [appendix]
>>        [sectionconversionset=...]
>> but I'm unable to understand how these commands work exactly.
>
> Take a look at the example below how this can be achieved.

Thank you.

Now a couple of follow-up questions. The tables are now numbered in a
very weird way. It's now "Table 1.VI" instead of "Table E.1" for the
first table in Appendix E. Which keys control numbering of tables? (Or
better yet: what's the reference for MKIV to find that out, if any?)

If I use "sectionstopper=:" and then try to reference it with
\in[appendix:label-for-this-appendix], I get the colon there as well
which is not desired, so I probably need to use another trick to get
the colon. Should I change the numbercommand in \setuphead and
\setuplist or is there a different trick?

Thanks again,
    Mojca