Hi Wolfgang,

Thanks for your answer which solves the problem I encountered.
However the block mechanism seems to have some limitations regarding how a
certain block is absent (for instance when the whole solution to a problem is
absent).

In another thread I’ll be more precise regarding what I think is missing in the
block mechanism: Hans talked about a « coupling » mechanism in mkiv, but I
don’t know whether this is already done or not.
In my opinion, what we need is a coupling mechanism which couples for instance
each exercise with its hint, and its solution, with a built-in interaction and
when for instance a hint or a solution is not there, one does not need to
increment manually a counter.

Best regards: OK