> Am 08.02.2015 um 13:56 schrieb Keith J. Schultz <keithjschu...@web.de>:
>
> Hi Hans, Irdis, All,
>
> It might sound like splitting hairs, but I find we should be careful how we
> call this beast!
>
> Basically, a highlight allows one so setup a font style and color to be
> applied
> to it contents.
>
> The problem is that is this REALLY a Highlight!
>
> A style and color is applied so, what we have is a use color and style!
>
> would it not be better to call it
> definecharstyle
> or
> definetextstyle
>
> For compatibility we could use keep the definehighlight as a synonym.
>
> As to setting up defaults, the question is their a generic usage of such ways
> of
> for so called highlights. These are, basically, by those that:
> 1) like this much fluff
> 2) idiosyncratic terminology
>
> 1) is supposed to avoided! And basically makes ConTeXt look like Word!
>
> The use of another way of defining a command for the standard font styles
> is proof enough for 2. Also, not everybody would want the predefined styles
> and colors
> so they will have to be changed in the setuphighlight anyway!
>
> The use of such a command is convient, but we should think about the
> nomenclature!
> The nomenclature should reflect what it does. We can have synonyms to satisfy
> the
> semantic usage of it!

There is a \definestyle command (you can disable the creation of command [e.g.
\strong]
when you add “method=” to \definestyle) but it doesn’t add tags in the export
command.

\definestyle [strong]     [style=bold]
\definestyle [emphasized] [style=italic]

\starttext

Strong: You can use \style[strong]{strong} or \strong{strong} or
\startstyle[strong]strong\stopstyle.

Emphasized: You can use \style[emphasized]{emphasized} or
\emphasized{emphasized} or \startstyle[emphasized]emphasized\stopstyle.

\stoptext

Wolfgang