Hi Hans, Idris, All,

fonts and color are as such appearance.
But, when one uses different fonts and colors or mix
then then we add meaning or as you tend to call
it structure.

If their use does not add to the structure, then only one font style
and color is needed.

So actually, in the end they should be tagged, too!

Wolfgang has mentioned that we have definestyle is that
tagged or not!

Furthermore, it is possible in ConTeXt to setup for example
the style italic, etc to what ever one cares to! for example one could
make and italic style be mono or bold! (naturally, it is
nonsense to do this).

Also, many authors of text, do think along the lines of markup in their
coding and do use \em, but simply \it, \bf for emphasis!

Similarly, many use quotation characters/glyphs in stead of \quotation
and \quote.

If we are exporting to xml then we should catch these cases!

Basically, any switch of style or font is the designation of the intention of
an author
for a structural change! That is to make something stand out for one reason or
the
other.

regards
        Keith.