Hi Joerg,

I use a math align environment, like the following:

%%%% begin
%% analogous to \cases
\definemathmatrix[alignedcases] %% <——— here you can give whatherver name you
wish
                [align={right,left,left},
                distance=3pt,
                left={\left\{},
                right={\right.},
                style=\displaystyle]

\starttext
bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla
bla bla bla bla bla bla
\placeformula
\startformula
    K_1 \rightarrow
    \startalignedcases
       \NC f  \NC \mbox{ for }\,  f \ll PS,  \quad\mbox{(flow limited
transport)}     \NR
       \NC PS \NC \mbox{ for }\, f \gg PS,\quad \mbox{(diffusion limited
transport)} \NR
    \stopalignedcases
\stopformula
bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla
bla bla bla bla bla bla

\stoptext
%%%% end

However I don’t know how to number each subcases.

Best regards: OK