Hi Pablo,

..late answer ;-)

your explanation is fine. I also looked at your example in the link…

We had this discussion in earlier threads. For me as a bookbinder, your issue
is not really something for impositioning in a restricted sense. The thing is,
that the machinery for imposition is looping over the number of pages and puts
them in the defined place. So if one wants to achieve what you describe, the
machinery would have to set up in a different way. I run into this issue myself
and I would suggest, that you are ging to use for this special purpose some
code like this:

\def\Myfilename{quotes-1}
\def\Mypages{22}

\setuplayout
   [topspace=0mm,
   backspace=0mm,
   margin=0pt,
   header=0pt,
   footer=0pt,
   height=middle,
   width=middle,]

\definelayer[Draw][width=\paperwidth,height=\paperheight]
\setuplayer[Draw][preset=lefttop]
\setupmakeup[standard][top=,bottom=,page=yes,doublesided=no]

\starttext

\dorecurse
{\Mypages}
   {\setlayerframed
      [Draw]
      [x=0mm,y=0mm]
      [offset=overlay,frame=off,rightframe=on]
      {\externalfigure[\Myfilename][page=\recurselevel]}
   \setlayerframed
      [Draw]
      [x=0mm,y=\dimexpr\paperheight/2]
      [offset=overlay,frame=off]
      {\externalfigure[\Myfilename][page=\recurselevel]}

   \startstandardmakeup
      \placelayer[Draw]
   \stopstandardmakeup}
\stop

What this code does is to pick up the pages from the pdf which is made with
e.g. 2UP arranging on A5_landscape. It puts then each page two times on a sheet
of paper.

Willi

p.s. I am curious about how your booklet looks like after assembly. You put 142
pages in it with arranging 2UP.  Folding this amount of paper makes a rather
thick booklet and I expect, that the outer margins are very small after cutting
it square…?