Hello Wolfgang.

After some searching and experimenting, here is my functional solution.
I wrote it into the wiki. I have not found there eg. defineformula command etc

Jaroslav Hajtmar

\defineformula[MY][
    align=left,
    strut=no,
     spacebefore=,
     spaceafter=,
]

% so you can modify the settings of defineforumla[MY]
\setupformulae[MY][align=right,strut=yes,spacebefore=medium,spaceafter=big]

% so we can create new start-stopsmallformula
\definestartstop[smallformula]
  [before={\startformula[small]},
   after=\stopformula,
    ]

% and we can so create new start-stopmysmallformula:
\definestartstop[mysmallformula]
  [before={\startMYformula[small]},
   after=\stopMYformula,
    ]