On 3/15/2015 8:13 PM, Harald Koenig wrote:
On Mar 15, Wolfgang Schuster wrote:

Am 15.03.2015 um 16:40 schrieb Harald Koenig
<koe...@tat.physik.uni-tuebingen.de>:

Hi,

right now I use \currentreferencerealpage to detect if I'm on an even or odd
page
(because my picture placement rules depend on it) like this:

\newcount\bildpage
\bildpage=1
% ...
\def\bild#1...{%
     {\global\bildpage=\realpageno}%
     \ifodd\bildpage \def\eo{o}\else \def\eo{e}\fi
     % ...
     \if o\eo odd...\else even...\fi
    \message{>> bildpage=\the\bildpage \space eo=\eo \space
currentreferencerealpage=\currentreferencerealpage \space << }%
}

but now I notice that for some pages/pictures the value of
\currentreferencerealpage
is not correct (only for the first picture on a new page?):-(

To test whether you’re on a left or right page you can use the \signalrightpage
and \doifrightpageelse commands

this doesn't seem to work well -- at least not within \placefigure

I've tried this replacement in my \bild macro which should be equivalent (or
better?)

%   \ifodd\bildpage \def\eo{o}\else \def\eo{e}\fi
%   \ifodd\bildpage \def\lr{r}\else \def\lr{l}\fi
     \dontleavehmode\signalrightpage
     \doifrightpageelse{\def\eo{o}}{\def\eo{e}}%
     \doifrightpageelse{\def\lr{r}}{\def\lr{r}}%

(with and without \dontleavehmode\signalrightpage)
and now I get more wrong picture placements for the first picture on some
pages...

you need to make sure that the signal travels with the stuff you're checking

btw, if you use side floats, the inner/outer variants do this auto left/right stuff