> Am 02.04.2015 um 12:05 schrieb Csikos Bela <bcsikos...@freemail.hu>:
>
> Wolfgang Schuster  írta:
>>
>>> Am 01.04.2015 um 18:46 schrieb Csikos Bela:
>>>
>>> Hello:
>>>
>>> Hungarian typography requires inserting small spaces before :, ;, ! and ?
>>> characters.
>>> The width of this small space should be equal to that of the period (.). In
>>> latex magyarlatex (magyar.ldf) module (part of biblatex) contains
>>> definitions to achieve this. How could I set this in context?
>>

>> You can use the french settings which also requires a small space before
>> these characters.
>>
>> \starttext
>>
>> Take a look at this; this: this! or this?
>>
>> \setcharacterspacing[frenchpunctuation]
>>
>> Take a look at this; this: this! or this?
>>
>> \stoptext
>
> Thanks!
> It is something I'd like to have but the space inserted is too big, it looks
> like a normal interword space. It should be 1/3 or 1/4 interword space or the
> width of the dot (the visible part), but definitely less than a normal space.
> Is it possible to redefine the inserted space width?

\definecharacterspacing [hungarian]

\setupcharacterspacing [hungarian] ["003A] [left=.1,alternative=1] % :
\setupcharacterspacing [hungarian] ["003B] [left=.1,alternative=1] % ;
\setupcharacterspacing [hungarian] ["003F] [left=.1,alternative=1] % ?
\setupcharacterspacing [hungarian] ["0021] [left=.1,alternative=1] % !

\starttext

Take a look at this; this: this! or this?

Take a look at this.; this.: this.! or this.?

\setcharacterspacing[frenchpunctuation]

Take a look at this; this: this! or this?

\setcharacterspacing[hungarian]

Take a look at this; this: this! or this?

\stoptext

Wolfgang