On 4/3/2015 12:31 AM, mf wrote:
Hello,
I have a problem with paragraph footnotes. I don't know how to prevent a
line break occurring between the footnote number and the footnote text.
Sometimes a thing like this happens:

... [main text] ...

--------------
1. text of the first footnote --- 2. text of the second one --- 3.
text of the third one

Is there a way to force ConTeXt to keep the "3." with "text of the third
one"?

Thanks in advance,
Massi

\definenote[footnote]
\setupnotation[footnote][
   alternative=serried,
   numberstopper=,
   numbercommand={\high},
   numberconversion=a,
   way=bypage,
   width=0.5pt,
   location=page]

\setupnote[footnote][
   alternative=serried,
   paragraph=yes,
   inbetween= \emdash{} ,
   location=page,
   before={\blank[2*line]}]

\starttext
First footnote\footnote{this is the text of the first footnote}.
Another
one\footnote{the second one, longer to get to the right margin}.
And the third one,\footnote{third footnote} with the ā€œcā€ letter
separated by a line break from the footnote text.
\stoptext

I found a solution: adding a negative penalty at the end of the
inbetween parameter:

\setupnote[footnote][
   alternative=serried,
   paragraph=yes,
   inbetween= \emdash{} \penalty-1000,
   location=page,
   before={\blank[2*line]}]

The footnotes' area was like this:
---------
^a this is the text of the first footnote --- ^b the second... --- ^c
third footnote

Now it is like this:
---------
^a this is the text of the first footnote --- ^b the second... ---
^c third footnote

The first line ends with an em dash: it's not so fine, but it's better
than a letter (footnote number) split from the text of the footnote by a
line break.

it is already handled in the beta