Dear all,

The book I am typesetting contains a very extensive and detailed index. The
number of index items is probably around 1200, 16 pages.
A fair number of them occur in more than one chapter.
Like bibliography items, and for the sake of consistency, I have stored them in
some auxiliary files and it is a matter of copy and paste to get them into the
text in the proper place and way. (With always a risk of accidentally deleting
or adding a spurious brace or bracket, with nasty results.)

I wonder therefore whether it would be possible to handle them like
bibliography items, by means of a key, and leave their expansion to ConTeXt.

Would it be possible?
And if it is not (yet) possible, how could I perhaps tackle it?

Thanks for any advice.

Best regards,

Robert Blackstone