Wolfgang Schuster  írta:

>> Am 23.04.2015 um 16:34 schrieb Csikos Bela:
>>
>> Hello list members:
>>
>> contextgarden wiki site http://wiki.contextgarden.net/Command/setupheads says
>> that the \setupheads command "has been reported non-working for some people".
>>
>> For me the alternative=inmargin/normal options work, but the separator= and
>> stopper= options have no effect. I would like my chapter, section etc
>> numbers to
>> have a dot after them, eg 1. 1.1. etc. How could I achieve this? Just in
>> curiousity,
>> how can I change the separator?
>
>\setuphead
>  [sectionstarter=(,
>   sectionstopper=)]
>
>%\setupreferencestructureprefix[default][prefixstarter={\symbol[none]},prefixstopper={\symbol[none]}]
>
>\starttext
>
>\chapter[sec:chapter]{Chapter}
>
>\section[sec:section]{Section}
>
>\subsection[sec:subsection]{Subsection}
>
>Reference to chapter \in[sec:chapter] and section \in[sec:section].
>
>\stoptext

Thank you. This works for me.

Just two questions:

1. The "section" part of the words sectionstarter and sectionstopper above is
just
a general term for any heading type and does not correspond to the heading type.
Is this correct? (That is, there are no chapterstarter=, subsectionstarter=
etc. options).

2. The command you commented, \setupreferencestructureprefix, what does it
supposed to do? It did not do anything for me, eg:
\setupreferencestructureprefix[default][prefixstarter={\symbol[diamond]},prefixstopper={\symbol[none]}]

Based on the above I used this code tho achieve the required look:

%%%
\setuphead[sectionstopper=.]

\starttext

\chapter{Chapter}

\section{Section}

\subsection{Subsection}

\stoptext
%%%

I found that \setupheads[sectionstopper=.] (plural) has the same effect.
I guess \setupheads is the general setup for all types of headings, and
\setupheads[<heading-type>][options] for the given <heading-type>.
But if in the latter command I don't specify <heading-type> it will apply
to all heading-types. Is this correct?

By experimenting further I also found that:

\setuphead[section][] will apply to section, subsection and subsubsection but
not to chapter.

\setuphead[chapter][] will apply to chapter only, and not to any ...section.

Thank you,

bcsikos