Thank you for ferreting that out for me.  Your correction is what I needed.
Much obliged.

Henman

On 2015年04月24日 22:40, Thomas A. Schmitz wrote:
On 04/25/2015 07:34 AM, henman wrote:

I now I could use a table to do this but I should also be able to do
this with \framed and \startcombination[ cos * rows ]]

But no matter what order I give to [ n x c ] the result is always a
vertical split and not a horizontal one.
You have to add an empty pair of braces after each part of your combination:

\starttext

{ \switchtobodyfont[8pt]
    \startcombination[2*1]
{ \framed[frame=off,topframe=on,leftframe=on,rulethickness=2pt,width=6cm,
          align={flushleft}]
      { \fillinrules[n=1]{\bf Buyer's Signature: }    }  } {}

{ \framed[frame=off,topframe=on,leftframe=on,rulethickness=2pt,width=6cm,
          align={flushleft}]
          {  \fillinrules[n=1]{\bf Seller's Signature: }     } } {}
\stopcombination
}

\stoptext

That's an easy one to miss...