On 5/10/2015 2:19 PM, Aditya Mahajan wrote:
On Sun, 10 May 2015, Hans Hagen wrote:

On 5/9/2015 4:16 PM, Aditya Mahajan wrote:
On Sat, 9 May 2015, Aditya Mahajan wrote:

On Sat, 9 May 2015, Hans Hagen wrote:

i've added (uploading beta now)

\setupmathematics
  [functionstyle=\ss,
   functioncolor=red]

\starttext
\startformula
  f = \sin i\omega x^{\sin(x^{\sin(y)})}
\stopformula
\stoptext

best test this because Mojca will at some point push into tex live
(at which moment we have a current)

Thanks. This works correctly on a small test. I will test this more
thoroughly.

\sin etc should not behave like \text{...}. \text should adapt to the
surrounding style while \mathoptext should not. In particular, in the
following

   {\ss $\sin x$}
   {\bf $\sin x$}

\sin should be in normal text upright font and not adapted to the
surrounded
text.

Is it possible to set a value of functionstyle so that the surrounding
text font
styles are ignored (but the font size is not).

does

\setupmathematics
  [functionstyle=\normalrm,
   functioncolor=red]

work ok? (\rm is redefined in math mode so we need the outer one)

we could have some keywords for this if needed

No. Consider

\setupmathematics
    [functionstyle=\normalrm,
     functioncolor=]

\setuphead[section][style=bold]

\starttext
\section{$\sin^2 x$}

{\ss $\sin^2 x$}

{\bf $\sin x$}

{\it $\sin x$}

\startformula
   f = \sin i\omega x
\stopformula
\stoptext

Ideally,

1. The default should be \mathupright (old behavior)

2. The user should have the option to change the font to \normalrm,
\normalss (or \normalrmbf and \normalssbf for titles).

In both cases, the style should not be affected by surrounding styles.

next beta: when one of the stylealternatives text mode else mathmode (default nothing == mathupright)

\starttext

\setupmathematics[functionstyle=,functioncolor=darkred]

{\ss $\sin x$} {\bf $\sin x$}

\setupmathematics[functionstyle=sansbold,functioncolor=darkblue]

{\ss $\sin x$} {\bf $\sin x$}

\setupmathematics[functionstyle=roman,functioncolor=darkgreen]

{\ss $\sin x$} {\bf $\sin x$}