> Am 06.05.2015 um 07:06 schrieb Henning Hraban Ramm <te...@fiee.net>:
>
> […]
>
> \definemeasure[Bleed][3mm]
> \definemeasure[maxWidth][\dimexpr \paperwidth + \measure{Bleed}\relax]
> \definemeasure[maxHeight][\dimexpr \paperheight + 2\measure{Bleed}\relax]
> \definemeasure[topOffset][\dimexpr \topspace + \measure{Bleed}\relax]

You don’t have to use \dimexpr because the measure macros already us it.

> […]
>
> \definefloat[bleedfigure][figure]
> \setupfloat[bleedfigure][
>       outermargindistance=-2\measure{Bleed},
>       %leftmargindistance=-2\measure{Bleed},
>       %rightmargindistance=-2\measure{Bleed},
>       maxwidth=\measure{maxWidth}
> ]

There is only a “outermargin”  key but not “outermargindistance”.

> […]
>
> With this (perhaps not minimal) example I get nearly what I want, but the
> image starts with the paper and is centered (x/y -1,5mm/0mm) where I want it
> to start on -3mm/-3mm on a left page, 0mm/-3mm on a right page. I thought my
> definitions should do that…

The space before the image isn’t fixed when you use \setuplayout[grid=yes]
because ConTeXt has to change it to ensure the text after the floats stays on
the page.

%\setuplayout[grid=yes] % uncomment to see how the space before the images
changes

\showframe

\starttext

\chapter{Test}

\placefigure[top]{Dummy}{\externalfigure[dummy]}

\input tufte

\stoptext

Wolfgang