Hi Pablo,

Indeed the document I was talking about has been typeset with various versions
of mkiv, but now I observe that sometimes the pagebreaks are made in a very
strange way. Since I can’t make a minimal example, I put on the following link
an excerpt of the PDF document where the bad pagebreaks can be seen:

        https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/4316076/bad-pagebreak.pdf

(Please see pages 19 and 32). It seems that this happens, sometimes, but as far
as I can say from my experiments the bad pagebreak happens always before a «
proclaim » which is defined as follows:

\defineenumeration[proclaim]
        [text=,
        before={\blank\startbackground[frame=off,leftframe=on,
                                rulethickness=2pt,framecolor=darkred,
                                background=color,
                                backgroundcolor=screen]},
        after={\stopbackground\blank},
        style=slanted,
        title=yes,
        titleleft=,
        titleright={.},
        alternative=hanging,
        width=fit,
        right={~},
        way=bysection,
        prefix=yes,
        prefixsegments={chapter:section}]

Actually I found a workaround for this by changing the above definition into:

\defineenumeration[proclaim]
        [text=,
        before={\blank\startmarginrule[rulethickness=1pt,rulecolor=darkred]},
        after={\stopmarginrule},
        style=slanted,
        title=yes,
        titleleft=,
        titleright={.},
        alternative=hanging,
        width=fit,
        right={~},
        way=bysection,
        prefix=yes,
        prefixsegments={chapter:section}]

However it would be better to understand why the first definition does not work
properly, in a rather random way.

Best regards: OK