On Sun, Jun 7, 2015 at 12:00 PM <ota...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi Christoph,
>
> There exists a local footnotes environment in floats, as in the following
> example: I don’t know if it solves the problem you mention…
>
> %%%%%%%%%%%%
> \starttext
> \startlocalfootnotes
> \placetable[align=middle]{A table with footnotes.}
>     {\starttable[|l|r|]
>       \HL
>       \VL One\footnote{First} \VL Two\footnote{Second} \VL\FR
>       \VL Three\footnote{Third} \VL Four\footnote{Fourth} \VL\LR
>       \HL
>       \stoptable}
>     {\placelocalfootnotes}
> \stoplocalfootnotes
> \stoptext
> %%%%%%%%%%%%
>
> Best regards: OK

Thank you Otared for your suggestion!

\startlocalfootnotes ... \stoplocalfootnotes only solves the problem
partially.

Solved: I can now use the usual \footnote{...} command and the footnote
does not disappear.
Unsolved: All the footnotes in the table still appear on the last page of a
multi-page table instead of the actual page where they are written.

To illustrate the latter problem I have a new MWE. The footnote mark in the
first table row receives a footnote text on the second page - it should be
on the first page.

Does anybody have a solution to this? Is it not supported? (I have ConTeXt
Version 2015.05.03 21:46)

Thank you for any feedback,
Christoph

MWE:

\starttext

\startlocalfootnotes
  \placetable[split][]{}{
    \bTABLE
    \bTR \bTD This \eTD \bTD That
    \footnote{This footnote should appear on page 1.}
    \eTD \eTR
    \dorecurse{50}{\bTR \bTD This \eTD \bTD That \eTD \eTR}
    \eTABLE}
  \placelocalfootnotes
\stoplocalfootnotes