Pablo Rodriguez schrieb:
[...]
1. Does the same happen with other fonts in this folder.

2. What happens when you put the fonts in your local TeX directory (or
texmf-fonts/fonts/opentype of your context installation).

Many thanks for your replies, Thomas and Wolfgang.

My font directory /usr/share/fonts/ousia/ is actually a symlink to
/home/ousia/Documents/ousia-fonts/.

It worked fine until newotf. I replaced the symlink. Now the font
directory points to tex/texmf-fonts.

After changing this, both the sample I provided and the one from
Wolfgang work fine.

I wonder why symlinks aren’t followed in the first case.

But I’m afraid I have a problematic font:

otf reader>  fatal error in file
'/home/ousia/ctxbeta/tex/texmf-fonts/ousia-fonts/Mechanica.otf':
.../ctxbeta/tex/texmf-context/tex/context/base/util-fil.lua:24: table
index is nil

I converted it from the typewritten fonts that came with txfonts.

What is wrong in the font?

It works for me when I use the Postscript files from the txfonts package, you need the following files:

- txbtt.afm
- txbtt.pfb
- txbttsc.afm % Only needed when you want bold smallcaps
- txbttsc.pfb % Only needed when you want bold smallcaps
- txtt.afm
- txtt.pfb
- txttsc.afm % Only needed when you want smallcaps
- txttsc.pfb % Only needed when you want smallcaps

To use them put the files in your local TeX directory
(e.g. texmf-fonts/fonts/data).

%%%% begin example
\definefontfamily
  [txfont]