Matt Gushee <mailto:m...@gushee.net>
3. August 2015 07:52
Hello, ConTeXt people--

I am coming back to ConTeXt after a long absence (for about the 3rd or 4th time - maybe if I just stuck with it I wouldn't keep having these problems, eh?).

I have a new installation of the standalone ConTeXt package on an Arch Linux system. I obtained the 'first-setup.sh' script according to instructions, then ran:

    ./first-setup.sh --modules=all --engine=luatex --context=current

I also have TeXlive, including ConTeXt, installed as a regular Arch package; however, I don't intend to use it. In any case, I have sourced /opt/context/tex/setuptex, so I have:

    $ which context
    /opt/context/tex/texmf-linux-64/bin/context

    $ context --version
    mtx-context     | ConTeXt Process Management 0.61
    mtx-context     |
mtx-context | main context file: /opt/context/tex/texmf-context/tex/context/base/context.mkiv
    mtx-context     | current version: 2015.05.18 12:26

I have tried the "hello world" example described on the wiki, and the output from that is exactly as expected, but I am having trouble with a couple of projects that I created in 2006. Each project is moderately complex, including an environment file and several product files. Each project produced output in the past. But now I run 'context <file>', and there are no obvious errors (except for fonts not found, but in that case the default font should be used instead, correct?), yet no PDF is produced.

Furthermore, the log files say that PDF files were generated, e.g.:

mkiv lua stats > result saved in file: hobo.pdf, compresslevel 3, objectcompresslevel 3

And yes, I've checked the modification times on the log files, and they are up to date.

Of course I am not giving very much detail, but I have no idea what might be relevant. Any ideas about how to troubleshoot this?

Is it possible that your main file of your document is a project?

When this is the case change this file to a product and all subfiles into components.

Wolfgang