Hello,

I currently use the following to define my even and odd page headers.

—————
\startsetups[header]
  {\doifoddpageelse
                {\getmarking[section]}
                {\getmarking[chapter]}
        }
  \doiftextelse
                {\getmarking[chapter]}
\stopsetups
—————

The problem is that some of my ‘section’s are not sections, but ‘subject’s
(because I don’t want that section heading to appear in the TOC). As a result,
my header is blank on the ‘subject’ pages.

Is it possible to define getmarking to take either a section or a subject,
somehow? Listing them both separated by a coma (\getmarking[section,subject])
produced no result. I also tried:
—————
  {\doifoddpageelse
                {\getmarking[section]}
                {\getmarking[subject]}
                {\getmarking[chapter]}
—————
…but that caused the subject and the chapter to both be printed in the header.

Many thanks for any help.

Talal