On 2015-08-11 15:48, Wolfgang Schuster wrote:
Rik Kabel <mailto:cont...@rik.users.panix.com>
11. August 2015 21:41
On 2015-08-11 14:49, Wolfgang Schuster wrote:
Thank you, Wolfgang, for that. But it still does not handle the after key, as I had in my example, and which works in a processor for index entries. Is there no way to do this?
The processor mechanism has no after key and I have no idea what it is shoudl do.

My apologies, Wolfgang and list. The key I use is right, as in the following snippet from my environment. I should have checked my files instead of relying on memory when I replied.

When I add it to your solution it does work.

   \defineprocessor[Back][
                           style=slanted,
                           right=n,
                          ]
   \defineprocessor[notBack][
                              style=normal,
                             ]

   \defineregister[Index]
   \setupregister [Index][n=2,
                           command=\Word,
                           balance=no,
                           compress=yes,
                          ]

   \starttexdefinition unexpanded index
      \dosingleempty\dostartindex
   \stoptexdefinition
   \starttexdefinition dostartindex [#sortkey]
      \doifmodeelse{*backpart}
         {\Index[Back->#sortkey]}
         {\Index[notBack->#sortkey]}
   \stoptexdefinition
   \starttexdefinition unexpanded seeindex
      \seeIndex
   \stoptexdefinition

   \starttexdefinition doIndex #INDEXTERM
      \expanded{\index{#INDEXTERM}}
   \stoptexdefinition

With this, I can use \index[Macintyre]{McIntyre, John} in the main text or an endnote and the indexing will identify the section. My simple use of the processor did not work, however, for references.

--
Rik