On 9/21/2015 9:44 PM, Pablo Rodriguez wrote:
On 09/21/2015 06:55 PM, Hans Hagen wrote:
On 9/13/2015 7:59 PM, Pablo Rodriguez wrote:

      \def\abc{Con\-\TeX{}t}
      \hyphenation{Con-TeXt}
      \starttext
      \startTEXpage[offset=1em, align={right, nothyphenated}]
      \hyphenatedword{legibility}\\
      \hyphenatedword{\abc}\\
      \abc\\
      \hyphenatedword{\ConTeXt}
      \stopTEXpage
      \stoptext

I have to define \ConTeXt as in \abc. Otherwise, it won’t get hyphenated
at all. If I add \hyphenation{Con-TeXt}, no kerning will be applied in
the pair nT.

But redefining \ConTeXt as Con\-\TeX{}t hyphenates the word even when
nothyphenated is selected.

Isn’t this a bug with nothyphenated?

it has to do with uppercase .. that prevents hyphenation

Sorry, Hans, but I’m afraid I don‘t get it.

The issue is that hyphenation takes place even when nothyphenated should
prevent it.

What am I missing in your eplanation?

\- is explicit, nothyphenated only prevents the pattern based hyphen injector