http://wiki.contextgarden.net/Widgets

Again working with widgets, this bug or feature – JavaScript code is only
copied to the PDF if it’s used in a \goto – is still open.

Additionally, I found that \setupfields (plural) doesn’t work, I need to setup
all formatting in each \setupfield.

I found another issue with workaround:
http://wiki.contextgarden.net/Tabulate#Itemization_or_framed_objects_inside_a_tabulation
You need to set "\tabulatesplitlinemode \plustwo" if you put widgets in a
tabulation.
Is there any reason not to set this per default?