On 10/20/2015 4:35 AM, Andrew Dunning wrote:

On 19 Oct 2015, at 5:33 PM, Hans Hagen <pra...@wxs.nl> wrote:

Indeed context supports tagged pdf already for a while, although only acrobat
can do something with it. Making it default is not really an option as there is
overhead involved (a bit more runtime and much larger filesize) that makes no
sense when proofing documents and in workflows for print, but enabling is easy
with

\setuptagging[state=start]

Thank you! Would it also be possible to have something to the effect of
`\setupbackend[format={pdf/ua:2014}` to set up the appropriate options?

you have to discuss that with Peter Rolf as he is the one who keeps an eye on all possible combinations of settings for pdf standards (and checks with validators)

Btw, this feature relates to export to XML. Personally I wonder why this UA is
such a hype, probably because publishers are reluctant to embed the document
source in the pdf, which make much more sense when alternative rendering is
needed.

I agree that I would prefer to see PDFs given alongside good HTML, but the
reality is that this will not happen for some time to come, and in the meantime
PDFs remain inaccessible to anyone with a print disability (and inconvenient
for the rest of us). If we can improve this situation, it is only right that we
do so. If we can in the process encourage wider adoption of ConTeXt, even
better.

an interesting side track would be a set of alternative styles that can be used: b/w, larger sizes, opendyslectic fonts, etc ... so, to kind of set a standard of producing several versions of one document