On 10/20/2015 11:48 AM, mass...@fastwebnet.it wrote:
Here's the (complete) code:

\startbuffer[test]
<text>
follows the “incipit”
   of the letter.</p>
   but my text is already formatted like that and I can’t do anything
   about it.</p>
</text>
\stopbuffer

\startxmlsetups xml:somesetups
   \xmlsetsetup{#1}{text}{xml:text}
   \xmlsetsetup{#1}{p}{xml:p}
   \xmlsetsetup{#1}{p[@class='incipit']}{xml:p:noindent}
   % the following lpath expression does not work
   % \xmlsetsetup{#1}{p[reverse-sibling::p[1]/attribute('class') ==
'incipit']}{xml:p:noindent}
\stopxmlsetups

\xmlsetsetup{#1}{p/reverse-sibling::p[1][@class=='incipit']/following-sibling::p[1]}{xml:p:noindent}

or

\xmlsetsetup{#1}{p/reverse-sibling::p[position()==1 and @class=='incipit']/following-sibling::p[1]}{xml:p:noindent}

\xmlregistersetup{xml:somesetups}

\startxmlsetups xml:text
   \indenting[{yes,first,12pt}]
   \xmlflush{#1}
\stopxmlsetups

\startxmlsetups xml:p
   \doif{\xmlattribute{#1}{reverse-sibling::p[1]}{class}}{incipit}{\noindent}
   \xmlflush{#1}\par
\stopxmlsetups

\startxmlsetups xml:p:noindent
   \noindent\xmlflush{#1}\par
\stopxmlsetups

\starttext
   \xmlprocessbuffer{main}{test}{}
\stoptext

It's the example of the original message of this thread, with the
modifications posted in the second message.

In the \startxmlsetups section I tried to put that condition in a
\xmlsetsetup, but I commented it out because it did not work.

Here's where I found an example with reverse-sibling:
https://www.mail-archive.com/ntg-context%40ntg.nl/msg77364.html
I was searching for "sibling" in the mailing list archive to see whether
"sibling expressions" had been implemented.

Greetings,
Massi