Hi Hans

First of all, thanks a lot for replying.

I tried your suggestion and it does not seem to work at least for fancy
features in EB Garamond (historical liguratures and other features).

I also tried to pass the hbox to tex.linebreak() and got assertion failure in
luatex.

Is there any code snippet available to show the full process in lua code (I
mean up to shipping the result nodes to the page) ?

To give some background, I’d like to compute a parshape for some paragraphs for
which I’d like some special shape. I thought that one idea was to build up the
lua nodes from text (which has some occasional words with  smaller or different
font style), compute the width of text to figure out a first guess for parshape
and then iterate on linebreak with different parshape settings to refine the
first guess.

Thanks a lot,

Best regards

Joseph